Board index Politics Asia Oh gawd this is wrong

Oh gawd this is wrong

Discuss Asian stuff here

Moderators: PoliticalPuppet, BORG

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:43 am
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (unless you are a fly)

Maybe there is justice in this world after all.

"The imam was arrested after his deputy Maulvi Zubair and two others told a magistrate he added pages from the Koran to the burnt pages brought to him by a witness," police investigator Munir Hussain Jaffri said.

Mr Zubair and the two others, Mohammad Shahzad and Awais Ahmed, said they had urged Mr Chishti not to interfere with the papers, Mr Jaffri said.

"They protested that he should not add something to the evidence and he should give the evidence to the police as he got it and should not do this," Mr Jaffri said.

"But they said Chishti said, 'You know this is the only way to expel the Christians from this area."'

He is likely to get a slap on the wrist, despite the fact that he knew his actions would likely lead to the execution of an innocent.

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:53 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Most prolly because of all the publicity . . .

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:27 am
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Wow. I had to scroll past all of Ramp's propaganda spam to find this thread. No wonder the entire forum is dead. I'm tempted to ban myself.

Anyway, the world famous Delhi rape victim died. The extent of her injuries were enough to sicken the worst psychopath. The perpetrators are likely to face the harshest penalty. Public pressure will ensure this. Nonetheless, the underlying problem will go unaddressed.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:03 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Yeah for the first time i havent seen any blaming of the victim either.

Spot

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:40 am
Grandma Arial User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

In the case in India they may not be blaming the victim but in Italy the tradition's alive and well

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:06 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Wow. Italy? I thought they were okay - guess not.

Spot

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:58 pm
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

I posted that on the wrong thread but topic still related.

As for the priest, his statements are nothing short of comical...without the funny. I believe he attracted the ire of a nation. Any other profession, and he would be sacked or forced to resign.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 am
Hector User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: Are you my Mummy?
The forum is probably extra dead because of xmas.

Hector
“Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else.”

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:28 am
Hector User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: Are you my Mummy?
Seems like the protesting is actually having an effect and the guys are being charged. Question is what will happen to the next lot? Will they have to protest every time?

Hector
“Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else.”

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:16 pm
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Hector wrote:
Seems like the protesting is actually having an effect and the guys are being charged. Question is what will happen to the next lot? Will they have to protest every time?

See this thread (mega massive trigger warning - some stories are best told with pictures) for an idea of what's going on.

Yes, the protests may well be catalytic. But gender crimes against women have been on the rise. It will take a lot of sustained effort to reduce this acceleration let alone reverse the trend.

PreviousNext

Return to Asia