Board index Religion Islam Islam (for Kids apparently)

Islam (for Kids apparently)

Discuss islam here

Moderators: cato, BORG

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:48 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Yeah mainstream muslims are less in-your-face than xtians though in my experience. they dont care if you believe what they do or not. They dont knock on your door and ring on your phone trying to convert you.

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:08 am
Hector User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: Are you my Mummy?
George W Bush started the worldwide vilification of Muslims.

Hector
“Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else.”

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:36 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Brendiggg wrote:
Hey Ramp, that was a very eloquent explanation and it does resolve the paradox.

However, it still seems inherently unfair. If one's ultimate fate is still predetermined, what one does in this life amounts to nothing. For instance, you can lead a virtuous life, uphold the pillars of Islam, be charitable and be wholeheartedly faithful and obedient to Allah. But when you die, it transpires that you had already been consigned to Hell before you were born. Your faith and virtue was all in vain.

That strikes me as being very similar to calvinist notions of predestination. If you're one of the Elect, you're one of the Elect. If not, you're screwed regardless. God can't be moved by prayer or good works (or at least that was my understanding of it). I read something on it recently and thought that the amount of underwear-soiling that must have gone on when he came with that would have created a boom in the Washerwoman industry.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:36 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Grandma Arial wrote:
This seems to be a paradox.

Yah, my personal fav, is the Catholic's with all their rules, AND the belief that Jesus will forgive all sins, no matter what you have done..

:LOL:
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:47 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

DCRocks wrote:

Yah, my personal fav, is the Catholic's with all their rules, AND the belief that Jesus will forgive all sins, no matter what you have done..

:LOL:

You realise that vast numbers of protestant churches preach the same thing, sans confession?

After we repent (confess and turn from) our sins, and believe upon Jesus Christ and the work that He has done for us on the cross, our life is in Christ and we are identified with Him and His righteousness, thereby setting us free from guilt and condemnation. For the scriptures say that those who are in Christ Jesus, are dead to sin and there is no condemnation awaiting them:

http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/blood_jesus_enough.php

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:54 am
LightBringer User avatar
Lurker
Lurker

Slogan: All is connected... no one thing can change by itself.
Islam is a religion of peace.

Christianity is a religion of peace.

These two religions hate each other.
It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment.
Ansel Adams

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:22 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

LightBringer wrote:
Islam is a religion of peace.

Christianity is a religion of peace.

These two religions hate each other.

....when they aren't hating members of their own sects who are the 'wrong kind' of christian/muslim.

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:08 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

yeah the old "catholics arent real xtians" argument - unless they want stats on how many xtians there are.

Spot

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Spot of Borg wrote:
Yeah mainstream muslims are less in-your-face than xtians though in my experience.

Maybe in Australia, but that sure as hell not true in the US... :LOL:

Spot of Borg wrote:
they dont care if you believe what they do or not.

Ya, they just join CAIR and work to implement their Islamic terrorism by exploiting America's freedom of religion protections, via effort to get Sharia accepted under US law, then try to sue anyone that points out what they are actually calling for.

Spot of Borg wrote:
They dont knock on your door and ring on your phone trying to convert you.

Spot

Mainstream Xtians dont do that, its Jehovah witnesses, and everyone knows they are nuts.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 pm
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

DCRocks wrote:
Maybe in Australia, but that sure as hell not true in the US... :LOL:

Huh. Thought i already addressed that. I was talking about muslim countries I have lived in. Although no they dont bother anyone here either that i know of.

DCROcks wrote:
Ya, they just join CAIR and work to implement their Islamic terrorism by exploiting America's freedom of religion protections, via effort to get Sharia accepted under US law, then try to sue anyone that points out what they are actually calling for.

Not sure what CAIR is but why would it even be considered? Are they asking if sharia law can be applied to themselves? Or everyone? Somehow I think its themselves. I think they are trying to get permission to live by sharia law in your country. Seem to remember them trying that either here or UK and it got smashed and not passed. They were told to live by the laws of the country they chose to live in. They can live by thier own religious laws as long as they dont conflict.

DCROcks wrote:
Mainstream Xtians dont do that, its Jehovah witnesses, and everyone knows they are nuts.

And there rests my case. Mainstream muslims dont blow themselves up.

Spot

Previous

Return to Islam