Burma

Discuss islam here

Moderators: cato, BORG

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:50 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Theres also china. All those men. All that testosterone. Dont have to be a genius to know something coming.

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
TMM wrote:
I think a lot of the stuff run through the media about muslims is misleading because the western viewpoint ignores the tribal links to issues like stoning and beheading and treatment of women.

I call BS on that POV.

All that is needed to see how FALSE that POV is, is to see the reasons put out by the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and their clones, defending their acts.

It is NOT a tribal thing, it is 100% based upon their specific religious beliefs, and these group smake it clear that is the case over and over..

IMO, one of the most dangerous mindsets in western society, is the refusal to accept and/or acknowledge, that it actually IS Islam that is the root justification of the beliefs western society considers crimes against humanity.

Spot of Borg wrote:
Theres also china. All those men. All that testosterone. Dont have to be a genius to know something coming.

Agreed, that surely is a cause for future concern, IMO.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm
TMM User avatar
Lurker
Lurker

Slogan: Abbott is Labors best asset
Brendiggg is living in the region, and I guess that he would have some pretty good insights based on word of mouth stuff, unfiltered by the media.

It always amazes me the difference between the peoples and the press stories.

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:06 pm
TMM User avatar
Lurker
Lurker

Slogan: Abbott is Labors best asset
DCRocks wrote:
TMM wrote:
I think a lot of the stuff run through the media about muslims is misleading because the western viewpoint ignores the tribal links to issues like stoning and beheading and treatment of women.

I call BS on that POV.

All that is needed to see how FALSE that POV is, is to see the reasons put out by the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and their clones, defending their acts.

It is NOT a tribal thing, it is 100% based upon their specific religious beliefs, and these group smake it clear that is the case over and over..

IMO, one of the most dangerous mindsets in western society, is the refusal to accept and/or acknowledge, that it actually IS Islam that is the root justification of the beliefs western society considers crimes against humanity.

Spot of Borg wrote:

Agreed, that surely is a cause for future concern, IMO.

@ DC. Your response has got to be the most armchair-driven , dumbest response that I have the misfortune to read in a long time.
There is NOT one religion on the planet which is not altered, adjusted, amended, fiddled with, politicised or manipulated to suit local custom.
And where there is a conflict with an issue between custom and religion, I believe that custom edges out religion, or call it self-interest
Have a look at Christianity and the good old USA, gun control, war mongering, native Indian genocide etc.
Islam is the same, and the interpretation of that ancient value system varies from country to country, area to area.
I bet you are smoking a pipe in that armchair. Were you pissed when you posted?

:)

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

More like the price of supporting a religion that demands you slaughter everyone that is not a believer in your religion, as they are less than human.

Islam currently is all about this

If you think otherwise, look at the response to the Danish Cartoons, and the Afghan Christian that renounced Islam.

Heck, look at Syria, all sides there are Muslims, and they are using chemical weapons on each other.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:05 am
Buster Red Shirt
Red Shirt

Slogan: If you dont care then nobody does
All Muslims are terrorists.

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:25 pm
magpie User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: it's always summertime
Buster wrote:

Muhammad Ali is a Muslim.
Therefore, he is a terrorist.

yeah, that works.. (not).
Eagle Two Regiment

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:16 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

TMM wrote:
There is NOT one religion on the planet which is not altered, adjusted, amended, fiddled with, politicised or manipulated to suit local custom.

There is a difference between being "altered", and the religiopn demandign death for what western society considered basic human rights.

And where there is a conflict with an issue between custom and religion, I believe that custom edges out religion, or call it self-interest

And you called me deluded... rofl...

Have a look at Christianity and the good old USA, gun control, war mongering, native Indian genocide etc.
Islam is the same, and the interpretation of that ancient value system varies from country to country, area to area.

The difference is, in the US, and other western nations, the Christian religion does not demand death for drawing a picture, for committing adultery, for renouncing Christianity, for being gay, for females going to school, yet worldwide Muslims feel these acts demand death.

Not hundreds, not thousands, but MILLIONS of Sunni Muslims hold these penalties as CORE values of their Islamic beliefs, laid out not in the Koran, but in Sharia law. If you are unwilling to acknowledge this, you either are blatantly lying, or haven't paid attention to anything happening in the world for the last decade.

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:27 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

DCRocks wrote:

The difference is, in the US, and other western nations, the Christian religion does not demand death for drawing a picture, for committing adultery, for renouncing Christianity, for being gay, for females going to school, yet worldwide Muslims feel these acts demand death.

Not hundreds, not thousands, but MILLIONS of Sunni Muslims hold these penalties as CORE values of their Islamic beliefs, laid out not in the Koran, but in Sharia law. If you are unwilling to acknowledge this, you either are blatantly lying, or haven't paid attention to anything happening in the world for the last decade.

Yeah it does. The book does just like the koran. The thing is that some parts of the world are still a bit primitive (or seen that way) and they happen to be mostly muslim. Seriously look @ the budhists in the news slaughtering muslims. Budhists are seen as peaceful. Its the the religion but the countries and ppl.

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Previous

Return to Islam