Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:02 pm
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Ha!

I was talking with my Mom the other day, and she said I got "immunized" for everything when we went over seas, and she said the plague was one of the things... :-)

Smallpox was another one, though that was a standard shot when I was a kid.

Even got a "h1n1 virus" shot recently, though amusing enough, it was no different than any other flu shot, and even would have been included if the shots had come out 6 months later. Started flu shot 10 years ago, and have taken VAST enjoyment of seeing all those around me that didnt get the shot, get sick each winter, while took no extra cautions and stayed well. Been 10+ years with no flu!
Last edited by DCRocks on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

i didnt know there was an immunisation for it

Spot

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:23 pm
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (unless you are a fly)

Yeah, bubonic plague shots aren't among the standard immunisation shots one gets for travel.

It's always been around though. Just not such an issue with modern antibiotics.

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:33 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Brendiggg wrote:
Yeah, bubonic plague shots aren't among the standard immunisation shots one gets for travel

Yah, but being an Army Brat, and traveling to Asia in the 60s and 70s, extra precautions were taken.. lol...

I dont think I will be able to fully express how different Soul was from the US when I was there. I was probably the only blond haired, blue eyed kid in all of S.K.

Europe was of the same cultural vein, Japan was different, but not nearly as far apart as South Korea, it was like stepping into a different world, and it sure took a while to get used to the very frequent air raid drills
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:50 am
Chard User avatar
The Emperor's Champion
The Emperor's Champion

Bubonic plague pops up every now and then pretty much anywhere. We had two cases here in the US in Oregon in the past five years. Stuff's carried by a specific kind of flea that infests rats and and occasionally squirrels, so it's yet another reason for killing rodents on sight.
"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" - Black Templars War Cry

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:10 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

dont think ive ever heard if it here in oz though. Apparently we dont have rabies either but well I think we do. They are calling it something else so we wont panic. lyssavirus?

Spot

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:03 pm
Chard User avatar
The Emperor's Champion
The Emperor's Champion

Spot of Borg wrote:
dont think ive ever heard if it here in oz though. Apparently we dont have rabies either but well I think we do. They are calling it something else so we wont panic. lyssavirus?

Lyssavirus is similar to rabies, but it's a completely different virus altogether.
"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" - Black Templars War Cry

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:59 pm
Un2F User avatar
Lurker
Lurker

Spot of Borg wrote:
dont think ive ever heard if it here in oz though.

I definitely have:
http://sydney.edu.au/medicine/museum/mw ... ey_in_1900

What boggles my mind is that there hasn't been an out of control outbreak in centuries...
Wasn't it meant to be like, hyper contagious?
Global247.Debates.General Chat.Politics.Societal Attitudes.Causes.Headline News.And More.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:58 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Chard wrote:
Spot of Borg wrote:

Lyssavirus is similar to rabies, but it's a completely different virus altogether.

Oops. Yeah i got confused there. Rabies not plague. Thank fuck i didnt make that mistake on the other forum.

Spot

Next

Return to Health