Board index Member Boards Music The Guitar God Thead (Now with 100% more working video!)

The Guitar God Thead (Now with 100% more working video!)

Moderator: BORG

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: "They may kill you but they won't eat you"
OK, this is rapidly becoming the Jim's Favorite Shredders thread.

Not that I really mind :dance:

What could possibly be cooler than jamming in a space suit

Youtube

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Young. Hot. Not only a factory player for Paul Reed Smith but has her own signature line. Brave enough to stand a stage with Steve Vai.

And did I mention girlfriend's got skills?

Youtube

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

OK, while the ladies have the floor.

This ain't shred but sneaks in via "melodic awesomeness". This one's got "feel"...

Youtube

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

OK, now that I've managed to sneak in some blues...

Frank Marino, the self professed white reincarnation of Hendrix, is still alive and well. And still the Man too...

TV rip so the audio is a little low so turn it up

Youtube

Chard User avatar
The Emperor's Champion
The Emperor's Champion

Jim, I love you... Saying that Bro to Bro.
"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" - Black Templars War Cry

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

I was gonna post this in Bren's Aussie music thread but this kat's just too damn good to be limited by that label. He is by definition a Guitar God.

It was my rare privilege to see this guy up close and personal in a very small room a few months ago; I've played guitar since I was 11, well enough to get paid for it and when this guy took the stage with a couple of acoustic guitars, no band, no funky effects that sounded like a band and started to play my jaw hit the floor and for the next 2 hours and 40 minutes of non-stop playing it stayed there and months later hasn't really recovered. He had no band because he dun need no steenking band.

I've seen greatness a few times in my life and it was my distinct pleasure to add this chap to my very short list.

Youtube

Chard User avatar
The Emperor's Champion
The Emperor's Champion

Youtube

Yeah, I'm totally gay for math metal and extended range guitar....
"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" - Black Templars War Cry

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

I wanted to post this guy earlier but could never find a cool video

Never did either. But, he's too damn good to not be in the discussion. This a collection of cuts from his CD "Machinations of Dementia" which is how I became aware of him as I could not resist the positively spiffy title.

And as the title implies, he's not only a god but you wonder whether the kat is human

Youtube

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

This is a collection of amateur kids in Japan taking a swing at the Steve Vai/Orianthi duet called "Highly Strung"

This may be the most incredible collaboration I have ever seen and it's damn sure the best youtube I've ever encountered.

Youtube

At the 5:00 mark is a young lady named Shotaro Nakamura who I am familiar with by mostly due to her youtube posts under the handle NIKUMANGUITAR. Keep an eye on this one

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Speaking of Shotaro Nakamura

Youtube

PreviousNext

Return to Music