All of the Above
29%

Total votes : 7

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:50 am
magpie User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: it's always summertime
with the new doctor who series in hiatus this year, I and other fans, concluded that it was substandard. Jodie Whittaker hasn't got the onscreen presence for a good doctor who. flat and uninspiring.

The best replacement for Peter Capaldi would have been Alex Kingston, who was so good she stole every scene that she appeared in. one in particular stands out.

'The Wedding of River Song' alongside Matt Smith, Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill. season 6 episode 13.

"Having finally accepted his fate the Doctor travels to Lake Silencio for his final day. But one woman refuses to let time take its course."

the episode was a masterpiece by Steven Moffat whose standards Chris Chibnall falls so far short, the deficit is embarrasing.

you only have to watch Alex deliver the following lines: :bow:

"River Song: I can't let you die...
The Doctor: But I have to die.
River Song: Shut up! I can't let you die, without knowing you are loved. By so many, and so much. And by no one more than me."

why Chibnall did not give Kingston a gig next to Whittaker? because it would have shown the chasm in abilities. and it would have been obvious to all that Alex Kingston was a natural and powerful doctor who.
Eagle Two Regiment

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:53 pm
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Yeah she would make a good dr who - and it isnt without precedent either (remember Romana) but i did think jodie was a believable doctor

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Previous

Return to Doctor Who