Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:00 am
Hector User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: Are you my Mummy?
What is going on with Arafat?

Wife wants body exhumed

Hector
“Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else.”

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:06 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Hector wrote:
What is going on with Arafat?

Wife wants body exhumed

Hector

Heard a guy on the radio this morning. Apparently Arafat was in ok health, but 4 hours after eating dinner he started vomiting, got diarrhea and all the rest as described in the article. The doctors hadn't a clue what was causing it, so started testing for poisons and found nothing. Then they did standard tests for radiation and found nada - all the while of course, Yasser is on the way out. Essentially they've never had any idea what caused his illness or death.

Anyhoo, they saw that Russian spys demise and Penny's (or shekels) started dropping. Swiss labs have found traces of what appears to be man-made polonium on his effects that he wore in hospital. To confirm if these are definitely linked to his death, they need samples from the body, hence the exhumation. Sounds legit, tbh.

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:20 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Yeah the thing is his death was always suspicious. How could there be such symptoms and no cause in this age?

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 am
Grandma Arial User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

There is a cause, just not known yet what that is. The symptoms are very general, could be caused by a wide range of chemicals, virus, bacteria, or radiation. Tests can only detect specifically what is tested for, true/false, not multiple choice. Unless they guess the right substance and ask the right question they will only get negative results.

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 am
Chard User avatar
The Emperor's Champion
The Emperor's Champion

They have a really good idea what the poison is since Arafat's widow ordered testing done on the mans belongings. They found high concentrations of Polonium-210, an isotope of one of the more nasty chemical elements. Po-210 is few orders of magnitude more toxic than hydrogen cyanide, and it's damn hard to detect unless you're specifically looking for it (and even than you need specialized equipment since the stuff is an alpha emitter). Same stuff has been used in several assassinations, mostly by the GRU/KGB. As to who would want Arafat dead? That list is pretty damn long and includes several powerful powerful nations globally and regionally. Hell, his own party wanted his ass gone.
"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" - Black Templars War Cry

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:57 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

...it's odd, because as it was, he was internationally isolated, under siege in a compound.....I didn't see the point in bumping him off at the time (and still don't) and just presumed it was old age and stress. People saying it was poisoning didn't register because everything ends in conspiracy theories over there.

Still - not definite yet. We shall wait and see.

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:35 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Didnt things get way worse over there when he did die? Thats when they elected hamas wasnt it? My memory is a lil foggy on this stuff but its possible hamas wanted their turn? Nobody in our media was happy about him dying anyway. The way it was done sounds very sneaky. Not like it was done for local reasons.

I thought the dutch had long names but geez this is yassirs full name according to wikipedia:

Mohammed Yasser Abdel Rahman Abdel Raouf Arafat al-Qudwa al-Husseini

Spot

Post Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 pm
Hector User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: Are you my Mummy?
It had to be an inside job.

Hector
“Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else.”

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:37 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Spot of Borg wrote:
Didnt things get way worse over there when he did die? Thats when they elected hamas wasnt it? My memory is a lil foggy on this stuff but its possible hamas wanted their turn? Nobody in our media was happy about him dying anyway. The way it was done sounds very sneaky. Not like it was done for local reasons.

I thought the dutch had long names but geez this is yassirs full name according to wikipedia:

Mohammed Yasser Abdel Rahman Abdel Raouf Arafat al-Qudwa al-Husseini

Spot

Yep. I'll stick with Yasser meself.

He died and there was an election. There were really only two realistic candidates = Marwan Barghouti and Abbas. Barghouti was seen as a reformist and a tonic to the corrupt old guard. Abbas was part of the corrupt old guard himself. However, Barghouti was inside an Israeli jail, and was not the 'preferred' candidate of the US. He was visited in prison by a representative of the Bush regime and told that if he ran and won, he (and by extension the Palestinian admin and people) would be made even more isolated from the international community than it had been under Arafat.

He therefore withdrew his candidacy. Abbas walked it, and dissatisfaction with same old corrupt shites continuing on led to the political rise of Hamas in Gaza.

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:26 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

This stuff makes me mad. Why cant friggin ppl in power act properly. Invading iraq and killing everyone to impose "democracy" but letting israel carry on like they are. WTF. No wonder hamas was elected.

Spot

Next

Return to Palestine/Israel