Sell your Organs

Discuss Aussie and Kiwi stuff here

Moderators: Grrrrrrrrrr, Spot of Borg, Kat, BORG, AusPol Managers

Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:15 am
Hector User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: Are you my Mummy?
A new scheme in Australia to get kidneys from poor people is being launched. They are saying its for "minimum wage" but its actually $3636 and i bet they have to pay tax out of that too since they are calling it "a wage". This is unethical (duh) and there is a reason they arent allowed to pay people for giving blood. This is worse.

Heres the link

Hector
“Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else.”

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:43 am
TMM User avatar
Lurker
Lurker

Slogan: Abbott is Labors best asset
Hector wrote:
A new scheme in Australia to get kidneys from poor people is being launched. They are saying its for "minimum wage" but its actually $3636 and i bet they have to pay tax out of that too since they are calling it "a wage". This is unethical (duh) and there is a reason they arent allowed to pay people for giving blood. This is worse.

Heres the link

Hector

On the positive side, there will be no shortage of kidneys.

And, you know, it STARTS with kidneys and will certainly expand to other body parts.

But, a thought for the pigs their parts have been harvested for some time.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 8:33 am
Weetbix User avatar
Lurker
Lurker

Slogan: milk of kindness
There have been reports where the Chinese are "going to" reduce the number of organ extractions from executed prisoners. One doctor who worked on the transplant team said they were told to come into the operating theater when they heard the rifle shot. He was shot in the right side of the chest so he would still be alive when they harvested. She was told the prisoners were always alive when the harvesting took place.

Post Sun May 26, 2013 6:32 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Erk. Have you got a link?

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Sun May 26, 2013 12:43 pm
Weetbix User avatar
Lurker
Lurker

Slogan: milk of kindness
Spot of Borg wrote:
Erk. Have you got a link?

Spot

http://www.theage.com.au/national/healt ... 2ip0f.html

Post Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 am
Hector User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: Are you my Mummy?
The Age. Pretty much says it all.

Hector
“Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else.”

Post Mon May 27, 2013 7:10 pm
magpie User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: tba
I'll have two kidneys, sliced finely, please, one on rye with a little mustard, and the other on white, no crust with mayo.
"Israel's heart is blackened by the blood of innocent Palestinian children." © Pansi

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:59 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Hector wrote:
there is a reason they arent allowed to pay people for giving blood

Thats horrable. Blood is a renewable body resource, and there should be NO moral issues with paying for blood, as long as they limit it to once or twice a week, the body simply makes more. In fact, is actually healthy in some ways. I have given blood dozens of times, with no ill affects at all.

Giving up something your body simply makes more of, is VASTLY different than giving up something your body will not replace.

Paying for blood is fine, paying for body parts on the other hand, IMO, is morally wrong, and should be outlawed
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:32 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Paying for blood encourages poor ppl to donate. Most drug addicts and sick ppl are poor. We dont want their blood but they will find a way because they need the money.

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Return to Australia and New Zealand