Board index Politics America and Canada Cats killing billions of animals in the US

Cats killing billions of animals in the US

Discuss American and Canadian stuff here

Moderators: Grandma Arial, BORG

Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (unless you are a fly)

Spot of Borg wrote:
Sorry brendiggg but aboriginals ate kats in the desert. Its in their lore. There used to be links to it but i cant find them now. I will look in the old forum because im pretty sure i linked to it all there long ago.

I'll bet you a keg that the first kat to set foot in Oz came with a European.

Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Its all gone. Seriously there were articles telling how kats are in aboriginal lore. How they hunted them in the desert and ate them. If its not true then why censor the articles away?

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
I actually think that the cats are doing more good than harm. In many areas, the natural predators that used to exist, no longer do, and cats have taken their places, more so in the city then in the rural areas. The downside, IMO, is lack of shots etc, leading to the possibility of bad disease outbreaks.

I agree with how extreme of killers the cats are though, as I have seen them kill birds, rabbits and just about every other small animal that exists in our local area.

Like Grandma pointed out, I think removing the cats will not solve the issue, and could even make things worse.

Still, there is a real population issue with wild cats, as it doesnt take long for a handful to lead to high numbers that can overwhelm the local wildlife population.

There have been massive efforts to spay and neuter as many wild cats as possible.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Rampager Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: MISSION ACOMPLISHED 21-05-2014 (signed and sealed)
Let's resume...
We have us...humans...responsible for the extermination of hunderds if not thousands of species of animals, and still are by destroying their natural environments, hunting them or just killing them for fun or profit.
MILLIONS...MILLIONS...MILLIONS...

And now some idiot writes an article about cats catching a mouse or on occasion a bird...???
OK..you guys can discuss this joke...it's fun reading.

lol@Cats are one of the top threats to US wildlife
:clap:

That's a good one...more?

Previous

Return to America and Canada