Board index Politics America and Canada Rednecks, you so craaaaaazyyy

Rednecks, you so craaaaaazyyy

Discuss American and Canadian stuff here

Moderators: Grandma Arial, BORG

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:45 am
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (unless you are a fly)

Absolutely. Were I a US citizen, I'd undoubtedly have a gun to protect myself from all the other people with guns. Arguing the merits (or otherwise) of gun control in the States is largely academic. Maximum saturation of firearm ownership simply can't be undone.

Jim wrote:
Man has a dismal track record attempting to eliminate sins by regulation, sins are eliminated by character and ethics as fundamentals

This is very true and it leads on from my point above. It's futile shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. However, in countries like this where gun control has always existed, we have never known the sweet taste for this particular sin and therefore regulations work quite well.

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:24 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Brendiggg wrote:

This is very true and it leads on from my point above. It's futile shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. However, in countries like this where gun control has always existed, we have never known the sweet taste for this particular sin and therefore regulations work quite well.

...well, sort of. Theres been draconian laws here since the late 60's, we're an island, yet every half arsed skanger bastard with a bit of powder on his nose has one - all illegally.

Though now and again, there is some karmic sort of happening

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:31 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

There is a lot of crap on the media lately about illegal guns but I think its political. The ones with guns are all shooting each other so will die out anyway. For the aussies that didnt see it I saw the question time where they "discussed" the illegal guns. Abbott ranted and yelled about 200 guns getting through customs and how it was the govts fault. Then gillard tabled some documents about where the illegal guns actually came from (since the 200 @ customs were found or we wouldn't know about them!) and apparently they are from the "gray something" where they weren't turned in in the buy back. Basically the guns that ppl didnt turn in are starting to show up now in bikie gangs etc. The media grabbed onto abbotts tirade and aired that and nothing was said of gillards explanation in the news. Seriously its worthwhile to watch QT. If i hadnt watched it that day I wouldn't have any idea along with everyone else where the guns that the media is hyping up came from. Abbott even tried to combine the issues of the boats and the guns implying that boat ppl were the cause of guns. Seriously!

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:34 am
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (unless you are a fly)

Nodin wrote:
...well, sort of. Theres been draconian laws here since the late 60's, we're an island, yet every half arsed skanger bastard with a bit of powder on his nose has one - all illegally.

Yeah. I guess Oz/NZ geography is pretty unique so I shouldn't extrapolate. Everything that enters this country has to pass under customs' noses.

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: "They may kill you but they won't eat you"
Information is still a little spotty, most of the targets have been released from the hospital and as of this writing there's been no loss of life. kat apparently wasn't much of a shot, a sizable percentage of the wounded were ricochet wounds in the lower extremities, some from bits of flying masonry fragments which solves the 17 to the hospital from 11 bullets quandary; two remain hospitalized.

Linkie

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:20 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Brendiggg wrote:

Yeah. I guess Oz/NZ geography is pretty unique so I shouldn't extrapolate. Everything that enters this country has to pass under customs' noses.

Aye. They show that thing "Border Security" on one of the Brit satellite stations. Being one of those who slow hand claps announcements of "important seizures" of grass/hash on the news, I tend to dodge it.

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:32 pm
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Oh Goodie, This Douchebag was having such a good time at The Batman Premiere that he just had to bust a cap or 50 in the place.

14 dead for the moment inc a couple of kid's 2 and 6 which I can't confirm other than anecdotaly for the moment and 50 injured. Apparently moviegoers initially thought it was a scene from the movie which may have increased the carnage. 24 year old white guy in custody, no act of terrorism just profound dumbassery.

In a side note, what in the hell were 2 kids 2 and 6 doing at a midnight show of anything much less a movie that violent anyway? Normally I'd say the mother deserves to be shot but she just might have been so my oaths may well be impotent this time.

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:09 am
Nodin User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

A looper with a degree in neuroscience, apparently no criminal record.
Details.

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:04 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Makes you wonder why the heck he did it. Looks like a lil planning went into it (he had tear gas and a gas mask)
. . . .

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:09 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Seems the casualty count has been reduced to 12, 16 remain in critical condition for the moment. The 2 children I referenced earlier are apparent survivors; the little one was not 2, apparently 4 mns old :-(

Hopefully one day in the future they will be able to tell their own children that they damn near died once due to horrible parenting but due to fate's tender smile they survived in spite of so don't even ask if you can goto the midnight show of Terminator 13...

PreviousNext

Return to America and Canada