Rednecks, you so craaaaaazyyy

Discuss American and Canadian stuff here

Moderators: Grandma Arial, BORG

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:19 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: "They may kill you but they won't eat you"
“In short, God was in complete control, exercising His will,” Pastor Riley Fraas on the Colorado shooting

You may send him email By Clicking Right Here and tell him what an assclown he is if you so desire.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:10 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

I doubt he will read it though. He must get 100s. . . .

Heres the latest about the guy

Apparently he did plan it but his plan didnt work very well.

Also - apparently colorados gun sales have "skyrocketed" . .

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 am
Chard User avatar
The Emperor's Champion
The Emperor's Champion

Best joke I've heard about the Batman premier shooting...

I was going to see it on opening night, but I thought I'd wait for the crowds to die down first.

That said, there wasn't anything law could have done to prevent this. Don't blame concealed carry, there wasn't a single CCW piece in the building at the time as the theater itself was a no firearms zone and the City of Aurora doesn't allow concealed carry. There wasn't anything firearms purchasing laws could have done, the suspect wasn't in any criminal database and if he was intent on getting firearms I've got the statistics to show that anyone can get them if they really want and don't care about law.

This was a single person who did a very bad thing. They did it, not myself or any of the 90+ million legal firearms owners in the US. He planned this, he made a choice, he did it. Don't bitch and screech about reducing my rights because this Martian lost his shit.
"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" - Black Templars War Cry

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:40 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing

Not just in Colorado, but all across America.

Tends to happen any time one of these mass attack events take place, as the freaked out calls for more gun control laws, drive people to rush to buy guns in fear they may not be able to down the road.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:24 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

I'm shopping for a pocket piece as I type, I've got a model 60 but I don't like revolvers, it's a dab too big and the damn thing is so heavy it pulls my pants down :-)

Love to find a little .22 wmr acp but these appear to be made from unobtanium in the size I'd like so the search continues..

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:18 pm
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (unless you are a fly)

Chard wrote:
Don't bitch and screech about reducing my rights because this Martian lost his shit.

I don't think anybody did, dude.

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:37 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

hehe, oh that was almost better than coffee. Humorous look at the dog with limitless energy chasing it's tail.

And it goes to the crux of the matter, what, if anything can improve the situation? Picking them all up is impractical, not feasible, illegal, and frankly a comedy I'd sorta like to watch; the picture of some skinny little coffee drinkin granny standing in her yard in a mumu squawking like Ms Fowl and busting caps in the air while the police cringe behind fenders makes me wanna wet myself... "You ain't gettin my goddamn gun ya buncha dirty sum bitches"... I'd pay 500 to watch that one.

As convenient as it is to forget, the Fed already strictly limits my right to keep and bear arms; I can't have fragmentation grenades despite their myriad uses, a tank with a way-cool deer sniping 120mm smooth bore and computer targeting system, a rifle with a rock and roll setting which REALLY pisses me off, a mortar or other field artillery piece, a shoulder fired rocket or any kind of nuclear tipped munition which is a travesty that limits my tactical capabilities and about a bazillion other kinds of seriously cool toys. So the precedent exists. The down side is all you'll likely accomplish is to create a whole lot of seriously pissed off people, half of whom would bury weapons in their yards lovingly wrapped in oily rags and a criminal class who now has more firepower than their pool of victims.

This guy's plan. Eliminate the asinine War on Drugs and legalize it all. On top of being a total failure, it creates an environment for criminals to both play and thrive. If you think I'm crazy note that "more people die every year as a result of the war against drugs than die from what we call, generically, overdosing. These fatalities include, perhaps most prominently, drug merchants who compete for commercial territory, but include also people who are robbed and killed by those desperate for money to buy the drug to which they have become addicted." in the mind of noted conservative William F Buckley and he is not alone in thinking this. This, on top of being smart, realistic and compassionate also opens 50% of the bed space in our massive prison system for the next step: Place draconian penalties on convicted criminals possessing weapons. One's with long teeth without parole possibilities. One's that would make all but the abnormal piss themselves even contemplating. This carries the potential to eliminate a huge percentage of homicides as 75% of these are committed by people the law states shouldn't have access in the first place. this certainly is not a total solution but anything that can have an effect, particularly one as potentially dramatic as this one, is worth at least looking in to.

Obviously this doesn't address the nuts but preventing those would require a surrender of liberties that no nation is ever going to tolerate, particularly the US and even that wouldn't be a certainty as evidenced by the recent events in Norway and Canada. The genie is out of the bottle here, there is no way legally or logistically to eliminate the problem, the only solution we have is to sensibly manage it to minimize it's impact.

On a humorous note, Comedian Chris Rock's solution is not gun control, but bullet control.

Youtube

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:59 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Cant get a firearm cause you are crazy or otherwise restricted? Just get a printer then!

Print out a 3d gun that works

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:23 am
DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Brendiggg wrote:
Chard wrote:
Don't bitch and screech about reducing my rights because this Martian lost his shit.

Actually, quite a few are Bren.. still,... that said...., like the cartoon pointed out, the "war on guns" is pretty much over, as the US Supreme Court confirmed that the right to own a gun is a "right" of American citizens.

All thats left, is efforts to get some control over the more extreme class of assault weapons.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 am
Chard User avatar
The Emperor's Champion
The Emperor's Champion

Brendiggg wrote:
Chard wrote:

So far we've got the New York Times calling for it (big surprise), we've got one uni proff from aurora calling for it (which makes about as much sense as banning doctors because ABORTIONS), we've got a handful of retards in Hollywood calling for it...

Bren, you might not have and people here may or may not have, but there are people doing exactly what I said.
"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" - Black Templars War Cry

PreviousNext

Return to America and Canada