Board index Politics America and Canada Norrowly Adverted: Second 'Joker' Massacre

Norrowly Adverted: Second 'Joker' Massacre

Discuss American and Canadian stuff here

Moderators: Grandma Arial, BORG

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: "They may kill you but they won't eat you"
calling in threats to a workplace IS a criminal act

And if you could establish that then you'd have no problems from me. What you have is one guy who is no one in authority at the firm in question claiming he did in perhaps as few as one phone call. Hadn't been there in months. This guy was asleep when the cops came calling, both times, that sure would threaten me. Why do you think he hasn't been charged with a crime? And if he ever is they better damn sure have more than what I'm reading at the present time because it won't last an hour in front of any judge worth a damn.

You ever been pissed at anyone and used a little hyperbole to express this before? I sure have, plenny times.

Please don't confuse hysterical headlines with evidence. I'm not ready to give myself over to the whims of the mob quite yet.

DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Jim wrote:
You ever been pissed at anyone and used a little hyperbole to express this before?

Actually no. I never have been the sort to make the bluff of, I'm gonna kill <insert target here>

I was an Army Brat, so was ingrained with a "if you pull a weapon, shoot to kill, or dont pull it at all" mindset.

Even "Buffs" of killing ARE justification for being shot, IMO

Jim wrote:
I sure have, plenny times.

And it is a criminal act, being it made in anger, buff or joke.

Jim wrote:
I'm not ready to give myself over to the whims of the mob quite yet.

Me either, but IMO, a call to your work place saying you are going to come there to kill, is enough to legally justify arrest, and a search of your work/vehicle/residence. Its no different than calling in a single bomb threat.

As long as the police can validate a SINGLE threat called in from an individual, I feel the arrest of that individual and a search ARE justified.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: "They may kill you but they won't eat you"
Actually no. I never have been the sort to make the bluff of, I'm gonna kill <insert target here>

Well part of the problem is obvious now, you need glasses. Or you need to look up what hyperbole means.

And you are creating "evidence" from thin air and headlines. You better hope one day the mobs not looking for you dude because I've got a funny feeling your standards of evidence are going to magically go waaaaaaaaay up but it's going to be too late to do anything about it.

DCRocks User avatar
Grand Duke
Grand Duke

Slogan: All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing
Jim wrote:
Or you need to look up what hyperbole means.

Hyperbole, bluff, pretend, exaggerate.. its all the same, and like I said, I dont do it, when it comes to threatening the use of lethal force. Its like yelling fire in a movie theater, you may be joking, but it is still a criminal act.

Jim wrote:
And you are creating "evidence" from thin air and headlines.

Actually, it is a local story that has been all over my local news for days, and I have heard a whole heck of a lot on this specific story. The POV of just about every one but this guys defense lawyer, is that another tragedy was averted by his arrest.
“If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all.”

You have Enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something in your life.

Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (unless you are a fly)

Digression on the subject of hyperbole. A ten second clip of our Prime Minister:

Youtube

Sorry about that. Carry on.

Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

When the police were @ my house one time they accused my wife of something monstrous and i said something like "no way she would do that or i would kill her" and i had to take it back and backpedal real fast. Figure of speech dammit! Wife actually laughed. Okay well thats way out of context but darn you cant joke around with anyone any time anymore.

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Hector User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: Are you my Mummy?
Has there been any more news on this?

Hector
“Jews should get the hell out of Palestine. They should go home to Poland, Germany, America and everywhere else.”

Previous

Return to America and Canada