Discuss American and Canadian stuff here

Moderators: Grandma Arial, BORG

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:38 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

Apparently you get kicked out of school for being preggers

Also if you refuse the test you are considered pregnant.

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 am
Grandma Arial User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Coming from the same people who have written out chunks of history they don't like, banned science, stomped out women's rights in many areas are we surprised?

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: "They may kill you but they won't eat you"
This is a Charter School which operates outside the normal system in many respects and the Charter system in this state is specifically for "at risk" children and is in effect an educational boot camp. As such the administrators are not all that inclined to accept behaviors or fads or attitudes found at conventional schools that can contribute to creating the at risk children their mandate is attempting to address and I'm not sure I blame them particularly with respect to the "baby momma" plague that is running rampant through high schools across the country and particularly in the southern US.

I find myself speculating how the Nuns of my youth would have addressed the problem and the answers ain't pretty despite considering multiple scenarios.

I've gone through this personally and if I could have had one thing during it's course it would have been less acceptance on the part of school administrators of this epidemic. I'm not suggesting sack cloth and ashes but the presence of children who have made this unfortunate mistake in a normal population of students merely popularizes and normalizes the condition in a students primary social setting and makes the problem worse than it was in the first place. Children are ill equipped and unsuitable for child rearing and reminding them of this in every possible way at every possible juncture cannot possibly be a bad strategy.

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:19 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

There was a "baby momma" plague in my youth too and all the devout COE girls would disappear for a week or so and come back fine with no pregnancy.

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Return to America and Canada