Board index Politics America and Canada Rednecks, you so craaaaaazyyy

Rednecks, you so craaaaaazyyy

Discuss American and Canadian stuff here

Moderators: Grandma Arial, BORG

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:48 pm
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind (unless you are a fly)

Ok, I did think you were referring specifically to this forum.

It's unsurprising though. The Internet was abuzz with agenda pushing before the bodies hit the ground. It was as sickening as it was predictable. There were more than just gun control advocates doing it though. Others were blaming godless librul education, violent games and movies and the fact that not enough of the movies goers had guns.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:37 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Slogan: "They may kill you but they won't eat you"
And the hits keep playing at radio WNUT, We're so craaaaaazY!

Indiana shootout leaves bystander, police dog dead

2 additional officers were injured

"When Officer Dulworth was shot, Kilo, in the midst of the surrounding gunfire and reacting to the loss of his handler, mistook one of the officers as an aggressor and attacked him, biting him several times," Anderson police said in a statement. "The officers found themselves faced with a confused K-9 and an armed suspect firing upon them. Police said officers were forced to shoot Kilo during the chaos."

Now before you say "Bad doggie" there's a couple of things to consider:

Anyone can make a mistake when the shit has hit the fan and improperly identifying a threat is darn easy to do, particularly when they have a weapon in their hand shooting it. When humans make this error they refer to it as a Friendly Fire casualty and it's happened a bunch in recent years I'm sad to say and it would be unfair to hold the dog to a higher standard.

This dog gave it's life willingly to protect it's best friend in the entire world. I own this breed, she has been similarly trained, I know from whence I speak. Happy, play Friz as good as the best blue heeler, loves little children so desperately that any child that gets within her sphere is her's and must suffer her fussy protectiveness and compulsion to insure they are clean enough to be considered sterile. I've seen her track 8 at a time and keep them all spit spot, the best babysitter I've ever encountered. I'm 56, I've had some dear friends in my life, but my Layla is the best of the lot and she would die for me without hesitation; we are sufficiently bonded to be considered conjoined and this bond was formed as we did the work of training many years ago. Officer Dulworth has lost the best and most selfless friend he's ever had in his life.

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 am
Spot of Borg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

Slogan: You may be Assimilated

The joker is foiled again

Apparently they foiled this one.

Spot
Image . . "Cry MEOW! And eat the butterflies of war!"

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:46 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Ever since I read about this dog dying like it did a reel has been playing in my head about all the times my character has been there being my buddy and generating scenes worthy of a keystone kops movie when she thought something might hurt me or her family so I figured I'd share one her better ones to reinforce my previous post and to a lesser extent dis-spell the myth that animals of this type and ability are dangerous, mean and nasty which not so coincidentally the same crowd lighting all the torches in this case tends to perpetuate as well.

Few years ago my home burned down *sniff* and for a couple of years the family and I were living life by the drop until we could get ourselves settled. We had just moved to the last of our 4 rental homes and one Sat morning while the family was at church I heard a racket and lots of excited chatter come from nowhere so I pick up my pistol and peek thru the peephole and see some cop wannabee on my doorstep encased damn near head to toe in cool cop looking stuff with "Bounty Agent" across his chest in big white letters. His attention was focused on my driveway where my mutt was bouncing to and fro between what I thought was 2 and ended up being 3 suv's keeping a whole collection of similarly dressed folks tree'd. It turns out that I was bright enough to rent a house formerly occupied by a fugitive wanted for sexual assault in 2 states and who had jumped his bond and fled. These gentlemen hadn't done even the most elementary of homework and just decided they were going to storm my home and shake me out of my otherwise peaceful Saturday morning. They had snuck up to the house, dispatched a couple around the side to the back to come thru the window while the guy on the porch distracted by beating the hell out of the door. Great plan, properly executed, didn't plan on my baby being on the job.

Bail agents are largely immune from the restrictions placed on police so this carried the potential for some real danger to me and frankly she likely prevented some gun violence as the first one that crashed my window was going to do 2 backflips right back out if I had anything to say about it. Instead (and I WISH I had seen this part) she was her normal stealthy self until it's time to strike and then transformed into the alligator on meth she's capable of and chased these clowns I'd have prob shot around to the front of the house where she discovered to her delight that providence had provided her with a few more sources of fun and then I came out and sorted it all out while she was her usual frenetic self. While I was getting this guy to explain himself the first thing he said was "Mind putting the dog away?" to which I replied "Yup" and I got the story out of these fools knowing the entire time I was as safe as if I was in my mother's arms because my dog is fast as lightning and she will track everything that moves and keep it right where she wants it until I sound the all clear and she becomes a tail wagging mutt again. No one got bitten as much as they deserved it and after she and I had one or two last bits of fun with this crew I went back to the book I was reading with a slight smile I'm fairly certain. Took her out for a cheeseburger later as next to licking babies this is her absolute favorite thing to do.

She's getting up in years now, can't really tell unless you know her well as for the first time she's judicious with what formerly was her limitless pool of energy but she can still do the job if pressed. I'm finding myself having to consider life without her one day which will most certainly be as traumatic as the passing of one of my children. Previous to her when my dogs started getting old I would eventually get them a trainee and start the process again but this one is so special and so dear to me that I couldn't dishonor her by suggesting she could be replaced and unless I have a change of heart she'll prob be my last. Tough to equal perfection and the best friend you've ever had in a single package.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:23 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

At least seven people, including a gunman shot by a police officer, were killed Sunday in an attack on worshippers at a Sikh temple in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek, police said.

Who in the hell shoots a Sikh anyway, were I compiling a list of benign theistic faiths they would at least make the short list. Incredible...

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 pm
Chard User avatar
The Emperor's Champion
The Emperor's Champion

Smart money is it was some semi-literate hick that thinks "brown" equals "muslim".
"Burn the Heretic! Kill the Mutant! Purge the Unclean!" - Black Templars War Cry

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:12 pm
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

That seems to be the case. I recall shortly after 9/11, a Buddhist temple got defaced over here.

I'm sure the gunman would have no regrets about his mistake. They are brown and wear turbans. That's sufficiently alien.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:37 pm
Un2F User avatar
Lurker
Lurker

Have they named the shooter yet?
Also, have they confirmed whether or not he had a commemorative 9/11 tattoo?

Horrible, horrible stuff.
Though, I did hear something curious repeated on the radio today, and it was someone saying a lot of people can't tell the difference between Sikhs and Muslims and aim a lot of prejudice intended for Muslims at Sikhs.
It made me wonder, does our society assume Muslims are a target for prejudice, or was this a comment based on some kind of evidence?
Global247.Debates.General Chat.Politics.Societal Attitudes.Causes.Headline News.And More.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:50 pm
Brendiggg User avatar
The Borg
The Borg

The gunman's motives are still speculation at this point. It's the easiest conclusion to jump to but not necessarily the right one. If he had a 9/11 tattoo, that would lend credence to the idea, I suppose.

Un2F wrote:
does our society assume Muslims are a target for prejudice

Some segments of our (western) society undeniably target Muslims on a prejudicial basis. It's not an assumption.

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:03 am
Jim User avatar
Duke
Duke

Chard wrote:
Smart money is it was some semi-literate hick that thinks "brown" equals "muslim".

"described the attacker as a bald white man, dressed in a white T-shirt and black pants and with a 9/11 tattoo on one arm" He certainly appears to be wearing the uniform...

PreviousNext

Return to America and Canada